Sunday, August 31, 2008

Telling a secret

My daughter Mica loves secret. She likes to whisper in my ears all her secrets so that her Dad can't hear what she's saying. Every time she has a problem in school she will talk to me privately especially when her things in school were misplace or lost or just a comment from her classmates. The first time when she tells me her secret was when her toy car was nowhere to be found inside the classroom. The teacher required them to bring their favorite toy car as a project. We kept our secret for a week from his dad so that Daddy will not scold her and she hopes that toy car will return to her after all the teachers in pre-school were informed of the lost toy. But in her dismay, toy car cannot be found and one day when we got home , I already informed my husband first of the news and alarm him not to get angry with Mica because she was very upset. So when the time Mica told his dad about it, tears were flowing in her eyes and gave her promise to his dad never to bring any thing in school. As a mom, I was happy that my daughter trust me and I go with her secret because it opens up her feelings and disappointments at an early age. I also tried to explain to her the good and the bad side so that later on she will learn it.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger