Sunday, April 6, 2008

Foreign Words and Phrases

I am fascinated hearing foreign words and phrases. I am alert and keen hearing them because I want to learn and speak one. Thanks for my sister who gave me the Merriam Webster's desk dictionary who has the complete guide to words and language information. From time to time, I browse and read it and even share it with my daughter Keisha. The Italian word the I always heard from Project Runway show is arrivederci which means farewell. Before learning the meaning of this word, I have to consult my dictionary first and tried to memorize it. Learning different languages makes me more interesting and eager to learn it. I even shared it to my cousin Janice who study and graduated as caregiver. They have their lesson in French. Sometimes we are trying hard to have a conversation in French. We just laugh with our mistakes and try to say it again correctly. I do hope I could find a foreign friend all over the world here who could teach me how to speak well. Sayonara!!!! and Good night.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger