Friday, April 4, 2008

Papaya Fruit

Eating ripe papaya is one of my favorites. RIght now I am chewing the fruit that I have sliced a while ago. I preferably dip it in salt. It's so crunchy and yummy. Others want it to dip in vinegar with salt. My husband Noel wants to dip it with mayonaise. Weird!? Papaya in the Philippines especially here in our place Davao City is available the whole year round. It has many dishes to make, like atsara (papaya salad), it can serve and eaten after dining as side dish, the unripe one could mixed in the chicken soup, papaya juice and a lot more. Sometimes it has a medicinal uses. Mine was eaten raw together with my family. The papaya is regarded as a fair source of iron and calcium; a good source of vitamins A, B and G and an excellent source of vitamin C (ascorbic acid). Let's Eat and taste the best fruit in the country!

No comments:

Powered By Blogger